Search This Blog

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Air Asia X owes me a Sweet Snack and Beverage (thestar online)

Air Asia X owes me a Sweet Snack and Beverage
Posted by: yuilui
I recently flew with Air Asia X (D72009) from London to Stansted and had pre-booked my meal (Kid's Meal) to take advantage of the discount on pre-booked meals. I was served the Kid's Meal as expected, but was pleasantly surprised when during the 2nd service, I was not given the "sweet snack and beverage" that I should have been given. When asked about this, I was explicitly told by the air stewardess that the 2nd service Kid's Meal does not come with ANY sweet snack and beverage. However, she was kind enough to pour me a cup of water to quench my thirst (it was a 13 hour flight after all).

I would like to bring your attention to the Kid's Meal itinerary that is detailed out on the Air Asia X website, as well as in the in-flight food menu book.

Kids Meal - UK to KL
=====================
1st Service (Main Meal)
Penne Pasta with Chicken Bolognaise*

2nd Service (Light Meal)
Chicken Nuggets & Potato Wedges*

*Kids Meals are accompanied with a sweet snack and beverage.

As you can see, the asterisks denotes that the 1st service and 2nd service meals are supposed to come with a sweet snack and beverage. I would like someone from Air Asia to explain to me why I was not given a sweet snack and beverage in the 2nd service. The menu clearly states that it is accompanied with a sweet snack and beverage for journeys from the UK to KL.

Here are some of the excuses I do not want to hear :
1) The sweet snack and beverage have all been combined into 1 and served in the first meal.
2) You ran out of sweet snack and beverage after the 1st service.
3) Do not tell me that the 2nd service Kid's Meal does not come with any sweet snack and beverage, because unless I am blind and imagining asterisks where it shouldn't be, it does.


I Want my Sweet Snack and Beverage

Also, I noted that all the other passengers given the Kids Meal on the same flight did not receive any snack and beverage during the 2nd service. You should know that the Kid's Meal is MORE EXPENSIVE than a regular meal, and to be served a miserable polystyrene cup of water as opposed to a bottle of mineral water which normal meals have in the 2nd service is unacceptable to me.

I am not a kid, and am not throwing a tantrum :-). I just want to know what's going on and feel strongly that other consumers not be misled by your website or inflight menu. I would also love to have a refund, or for the sweet snack and beverage to be delivered to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment